At Galavantier.com we’ve run down many travel tips including 10 things to keep in your carry-on when flying and here are a handful more items to consider when getting set to fly to Las Vegas or any other destination.
- Multi-socket electrical plug – Every traveler covets their electronics and while you may not leave home without your chargers, carrying a multi-socket electrical plug will not only help you charge multiple devices but also share an outlet with a fellow traveler looking to charge their phone, computer, etc.
- iPad – These along with other tablets have not only become incredible business devices to travel with but also saviors for virtually every traveler, especially parents. Make sure to load up with music, movies, games, magazines and you’ll be cruising the friendly skies with plenty to do during those cross-country flights.
- Noise canceling headphones – In the nicest way possible, travelers most times want to disappear from all distractions on a plane, crying babies, that rowdy group of partiers on the 7 p.m. Southwest flight from Los Angeles, and the likes. If you forget yours prior to getting to the airport, pop into a Brookstone kiosk (there’s one at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas) and pick up some.
- Glasses – If you need them for reading or for sight, these may be your best friend when flying. Contacts can dry out easily on airplanes and you may need to switch to glasses.
- Inflatable neck pillow – It may not be the most comfortable for everyone but it’s compact, takes up virtually no space and could save you from having a stiff neck when you get off the plane.
- Hand steamer – let’s face it, your clothes whether carefully rolled, folded, hung will get wrinkled. Go out and get a portable hand steamer and you’ll be looking sharp for a business meeting or just another Friday night in Las Vegas.
- Clothing – try to wear the bulkiest clothing you are packing (ex. Jackets and Blazers), put socks and belts inside your extra pair of shoes, and bring a few packets of Woolite as it is the best for doing a quick wash in your hotel room.